In order to ensure that TÜV SÜD objectively, impartially and independently carries out its certification and inspection activities, the General Manager specially makes the following commitments:
- For certification activities, our management system, which complies with requirements specified in ISO/ IEC17065:2012 and ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, provides guidance and regulations to activities of TÜV SÜD, and continually meets the standards and accreditation criteria by setting and implementing policies and objectives, carrying out internal and external audits, as well as taking corrective actions and preventive actions;
- Inspection activities shall be carried out impartially in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020:2012, in compliance with the provisions of laws and regulations, and in full implementation of the requirements of contracts, standards, methods and procedures, free from interference or influence of commercial, financial, administrative and other interests, so as to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the inspection results.
- TÜV SÜD undertakes the legal responsibilities of certification and inspection activities, purchases insurance to cover the possible certification and inspection risks, and provides necessary resources and conditions for certification activities;
- The management and other departments do not impose any inappropriate pressure or influence on our employees which could affect the impartiality of certification and inspection activities;
- Our employees who are involved in product or management systems certification activities must not engage in consultancy activities.
TÜV SÜD conducts impartiality risk assessment annually as well as the impartiality meeting. The output of impartiality meeting will be generated according to impartiality committee’s feedback. This is an independent committee made up of members representing our key interests.